Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Realization

I'm traveling this week. Its 90+ degrees here and humid which makes it worse. And I am alone. This means eating dinner either in my room and paying 3 times as much for dinner as I would if I went to the hotel restaurant. Or, I could go for a walk and eat by my self. Its a hard thing to do but I do it.

I'm not a fan of being in public for long periods of time. So imagine walking into a Japanese Hibachi restaurant and having to sit with total strangers. I love Hibachi. I hate eating there alone. I can't make small talk and I don't care about your grandkids. I just want my food.

So tonight, I went to an Italian place. I've been there before so I know the place (an advantage). The host looked at me strange when I said table for 1. Like its an inconvenience. Damn, I'm hungry! The server on the other hand read my signals that i wanted my food and that was it. It was a good meal, just lonely.

Now, I'm just working overtime to keep up and eating M&Ms. Sorry honey - I may watch a movie you wanted to see - Day watch, Grindhouse, The Host, Paprika & the Namesake. Its one of those nights. I can't even get on to my work programs so I give up.

can I come home?

No comments: