Sunday, October 25, 2009

in search of free fabric scraps


In the ever eternal quest to save money, I refuse to spend money on clothes for me, my kid or her dolls. More so, her dolls. I will gladly make the child a Halloween costume and not buy it.
The cost for this was about $15 for the dress as opposed to the $30+ I'd pay at a store. The tights were extra and can be worn whenever (yes, she will, i know my kid). Not bad.. its cute and bright and whimsical.

So, for Christmas, I want to expand the doll clothes collection. I have the patterns but little fabric that is current. I have enough to do a patch work skirt and a halloween costume. I'd like to make some period clothes for her Elizabeth doll ( I found the patterns) but I'm lacking fabric.

Anyone have scraps of fabric they want to part with?

1 comment:

Face on Fire said...

Oh honey, do I have fabric. I'll ship you a box today....