Sunday, June 17, 2012

Rules

This weekend was our end of year performance for Erin's Musical Theatre and Jazz dance.  Its a big production overall and the director strives for a professional performance.  This means a backstage crew.  We are the eyes and ears of the director.  So I am the mean mom.   During my time on Stage Left, I pissed of several performers and moms.

We have House rules.  These are not our rules but the building we are in.  We ALL have to follow them.  We have Studio rules.  This goes without saying.

I enforced these rules.  And people got mad.  Really?  Have we reached a point in our society where rules are now optional? You can do what pleases you?  No.  Sorry.  no. I'm not sorry.  You messed up. You didn't do what you were supposed to do. And yes.. we did put ALL of this in the news letter and Performance prep sheets we passed out and emailed to you.  If you didn't read them or listen to us repeat ourselves...you have no right to be upset with me.

I stood my ground and won.  My backstage was well run and all the quick changes went off  without a hitch.  Suck it Dance Moms..  Abby Lee is waiting for you.




No comments: