Sunday, July 30, 2006
Erin wanted to go see the water so we walked by the creek. The one mom was also headed that way due to her kid. We talked a bit more (weather, the kids) and she asked if I was single. I said no. This peeked my interest. She went on to tell me that her brother wanted to know - he saw me and thought I was cute. I was cute.. I GOT HIT ON!!! A 31 year old overweight married mom!!
Never in a million years...
So for your enjoyment, I found 2 to share
You know you're an 80's kid if
How to know if you're an 80s child
You might be a child of the 80's if...
Here is just a sample
You're an 80's child if...
- You wanted to be on StarSearch. (Come on, we all did)
- You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off. Or even when he had those freaky eyes in "Thriller" at the end of the video.
- You wore a banana clip or one of those slap on wrist bands at some point during your youth.
- You wore french rolls on the botom of your splatter painted jeans.
- You had slouch socks, and puff painted your own shirt at least once.
- You owned a doll with 'Xavier Roberts' signed on it's butt.
- You knew what Willis was "talkin' 'bout."
- You know the profound meaning of "Wax on, Wax off."
- You can name at least half of the members of the elite "Brat Pack."
- You can remeber watching full house and saved by the bell for endless hours.
- You have seen at least 10 episodes of Fraggle Rock.
(SIDE NOTE: They are out on DVD now, and yeah, I own them)
- You know that another name for a keyboard is a "Synthesizer."
- You hold a special place in your heart for "Back to the Future."
- You know where to go if you "wanna go where everybody knows your name."
- You thought Molly Ringwald was REALLY cool. (Was there an 80's movie she WASN'T in?)
- You know what "Sike" means.
- You fell victim to 80's fashion: big hair, crimped, combed over to the side, and you wore spandex pants
- You wanted to be a Goonie ("Goonies never say die.")
- You've heard of Garbage Pail Kids.
- You knew "The Artist" when he was humbly called "Prince."
- You actually saw Ted Danson as the MacDaddy he played "Sam" to be.
- You ever wore flourescent -neon if you will clothing...(or nailpolish)
- You could breakdance, or wished you could.
- You know who Max Headroom is.
- You remember when ATARI2 was a state of the art video game system. (Remember Pong)
- You know all the words to "ice ice baby".
- You remember M.C hammer.
- You can still sing the rap to "fresh Prince of BelAir".
- You own any cassettes.
- You were led to believe that in the year 2000 we'd all be living on the moon.
- You remember and/or own any of the CareBear Glass collection from Pizza Hut.
- Poltergeist freaked you out.
- You carried your lunch to school in a Gremlins or an ET lunchbox.
- You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the ONLY female smurf.
- You wanted to communicate with some being named Cinergy, or you wanted green hair like that lead singer of the Misfits.
- You know what a Doozer is.
- You wore biker shorts underneath a short skirt and felt stylish.
- You ever had a Swatch Watch.
- You had a crush on one of the Coreys (Haim or Feldman).
- You remember when Saturday Night Live was funny.
- You had WonderWoman or Superman underoos.
- You wanted to be The Hulk for Halloween.
- You Believed that "By the power of Greyskull, you HAD the power!"
- You thought that Transformers were more than meets the eye.
- You know what a "Whammee" is. ("No Whammy, no whammy, stop!!")
- Partying "like it's 1999" seemed SO far away.
So now its 9 am and we've moved on to My Little Pony videos. Man, they are bad but I just can stop watching them.
As long as she's quite for another hour and I have coffee, I just don't care.
Saturday, July 29, 2006
For those that have been to the Sterling Ren Fair in Sterling, NY (near Oswego) you have seen the goose neck slide. Its pretty long. I'm not quite sure of the length its quite a distance. You actually have to go up 2 flights of stairs to get to the top of the slide. Then you plop you r butt down on a rug, wait till the person ahead of you is at the bottom and then you slide.
Now, Tim and I both did this. We gained a bit a speed going down (thanks to gravity). It was fun and refreshing..
Erin made us. She road this thing like 6 time ($2 a ride x 6 - you do the math).
I was able to get proof that Erin road this all by herself. She was a champ. Not once did she cry or get scared. The only problem was her asking for me to carry her back of the hill. Not in this life time.
Tuesday, July 25, 2006
We made it home. A little worn and tired, but rested. First, thanks to Saturn - I have an Ion. Its not a big car at all and we got in
tent, tarp, 3 chairs, cooler, 2 bags of clothes, box of food, cleaning supplies, 3 duffel bags, 3 pillows, camping stove, propane tanks (the little ones) and some random stuff for Erin. We got it all in (pictures to follow). And to top that, we got it all BACK in the car on Monday (minus some food and plus some extras). Kick ass mileage in this gas craze. Thank you Saturn.
Back to the trip. All went pretty well I think. We stayed at
Tim ended up getting a ton of wood and most of it was still pretty green. Creating fire was a challenge but we did it. Hot dogs over real fire are so much better.
The rain came. Not metaphorically - literally. It started to rain Saturday morning. After Erin and I got up to make breakfast, it started to sprinkle. Not a big deal, we can walk the Ren fair in this. Yeah, so God laughed at me and it started to pour. CALL NOAH! I NEED AN
Water was just streaming past and under the tent, seeping in and pooling on the rain guard. On to Plan B - The
We ventured back to the camp site and found it wasn't too bad. Some water in the tent but thanks to a handy dandy mop I bought on the way home, I saved the day. But, I wasn't cooking. A trek to
Sunday proved much better. A great day at the fair - Pirate weekend and
The trip home we tried something different. We took 104 thru to
Now we are home - sore and a ton of laundry to do. Half was done yesterday and I need to finish putting everything away. The tent is gross and needs to be done soon. I'm camping again in like 2 weeks.
So to sum up the Vacation:
Need a bigger car
Remember to bring more pants for me and Erin
Put everything in Totes
Don't put juice boxes in the cooler by themselves.
make sure the tent is flat on the ground
A rug is not a bad idea for inside the tent
I am a walking Buffet for mosquitoes
Raccoons like fruit snacks
Bring anti-itch stuff along
Tuesday, July 18, 2006
Wed - Oild change, Lunch with Hubby, Erin's Dr Appt
Thurs - Shopping with Hubby and prep for travel
Friday - Leave for Fair Haven and camp
Sat and Sun - REN FAIR!! and Camping
Monday -- Come home
Tuesday - Recoup....
No email for 3 days. YEAH!!!!
But - I am taking a 3 year old camping for the first time. First tent sleeping, first time more than one day without the TV... yeah, I'm insane.