Saturday, October 04, 2008

What a day

We had a lot planned for today. First was dance practice at 9 am. This is weekly so its expected BUT we added a fun filled day of Apple Picking and a Demo today.

After dancing, we hit the road for for Lockport to go to a local farm to pick apples. I fell in love with the place! It was a real farm. We came away with 43 lbs of apples, 2 pumpkins, 6 gourds and some cider for hubby. $34! Thats it! Half the apples were for my mother-in-law so after a quick stop there, we were home to change to go to the Penn Dixie site. They do a Pirate thing every year and our SCA group offers a demo (thrown weapons and fencing). The catch - its a Pirate theme. I got to be a Pirate and so did Erin... she was a Pink Pirate. I also threw for like an hour straight.

We JUST came home.. 9pm.. I'm so done... and it was cold so nowI feel like crude. She's passing out on the couch. My turn soon.

No comments: