Friday, October 10, 2008

Apple picking


SDC10055
Originally uploaded by melblackrose
I'm just getting around to this now. Erin and I went apple picking last weekend at a lovely farm. A real farm. With turkeys, goats, cows and dog. And a real barn. A working farm. And the apples were incredible. We were actually able to PICK the apples. In years past we had gone to another farm and well, lets just say the apples were less than appealing and we ended up buying them already picked. At this NEW farm, you picked until you were done, got them weighed and you can take as many as you want!

We came away with 43 lbs of apples, 2 pumpkins, 6 gourds and some cider for hubby. $34! That was it. They also had the most beautiful antique pumpkins I'd ever seen. The regular pumpkins were also perfect. I'm serious. These pumpkins were round and had very few blemishes. They looked like storybook pumpkins.

I wish I had bought more but there was no way I could do it with just me and her there. So 2 was the limit.

antique pumpkins


All in all, it was a wonderful day and would share an apple with my girl again.
SDC10077

SDC10065

No comments: