Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Lights out - well sort of

Erin's biggest hurtle has been going to bed on her own. We made the leap last night. 3 books and to bed. As soon as I reached to turn off the lights the 4 year old panic attack set in. Ok - lights remained on. One more kiss for Dad (he already had gotten 2) and off to bed. That lasted 5 minutes and then "Mommmmm....." - I sent in reinforcements. Dad confirmed that it was just a little boo-boo and she 'promised' to stay in bed.


All was well until 5:30 AM. 2 became 3 in our bed- the bad dream monster made an appearance and frankly, I'm ok with that. I had to be up in 30 minutes and well, who doesn't love a bit of 4 year old snuggle time.

Tonight will be the test. We're going to TRY agian. Shower, 3 books, lights on and sleep. I hope.

No comments: