Tuesday, April 20, 2010

woman vs hedges

It all started a few years ago when we tackled the hedges with a chain saw. It was nice for that summer then well, they grew back. These hedges are very tall and wide so getting to middle of them is hard. I usually trim the fronts and Tim does the top.

So yesterday, I was sitting outside with the Kiddo and I happened to look at one section that has been dying. Some weed of some sort strangled the hedge and one section is dead and another is half gone. I made the mistake of making a clean spot. So 30 minutes later, the dead area was cleared and the half dead was pruned. It was 5 pm by now so I got to thinking "why can't I just start trimming the hedges?". So I did. The section along side the driveway is almost where I want it and I rounded off the corner to the sidewalk. There is almost no green on them yet so I was cutting branches and it made for very easy work. If the weather is nice this weekend, I will work on it some more.

There are a few more spots that are dead or dying so I think I may yank them out. It will thin them out just enough. Whoever planted them originally planted them way too close together.

No comments: