Thursday, July 05, 2012

What the...??!!!

Will someone explain to me what the heck happened to kids today?   Here's the story.

Erin and I went swimming  at the local indoor city pool.  I was swimming width laps and was waiting for Erin to catch up to me.  Two kids, a boy and girl, both maybe 7, were hanging onto the wall going around the parameter.  I was leaning on the wall waiting.  Then I heard "get the hell out of the way".  From the boy.  I turned to him and said "Excuse me?".  He turned red then proceeded to "talk" to his sister ignoring what had happened.

All I hear lately on the playground and on the street are Cussing and verbally abusive language. From 7 and 8 year olds!!   My mother  would have washed my mouth out with soap if I talked like that.  Do these parents not discipline their kids?  I fear for that generation... And heaven forbid I say anything.  I get yelled at by the kids!!  WHAT 10 YEAR OLD IN THEIR RIGHT MIND YELLS AT AN ADULT?!!!!  That's it.  I'm moving to a commune...  Anyone want to join?

No comments: