Monday, November 04, 2013

How to Purge stuff

With the upcoming holiday season and that looming dread of "where do i put everything so I can get the tree up" I made the decision to start the Great 2013 Purge.  It started at my mother's house - bags of baby clothes that just needed to go. 5 bags. All donated from my mom's house.  Yes, I know, I could have held a garage sale, made a little cash but really?  I'm not doing that at in November.

And we instituted a new rule - If you go into the attic, something must go.  For good. I have 3 bags of kids toys that need to go somewhere for donation. I'm on a hunt to find a good home for them.

So how do you purge?  Here are some things to keep in mind..
1) Have you used it in the last year?  No- purge it
2) Does it make you money?  No- purge it
3) Is it Broken?
4) Do you love it?  No- purge it (If you loved it, why didn't you use it in the last year silly?!)
5) The whole "well we might need it later" crap has got to stop.

That is where we started.  Several bags of clothes from us and a big bag of garbage.  My challenge if getting rid of the extra baggage, the crap, the "why the hell did I keep this" is underway.

The cool thing I did find in the attic..  french  soup style crocks..  I own them.  will I ever use them?  I don't think so.  But I may come up with a great gift basket idea.........

No comments: