Monday, January 26, 2015

trying to roll with the punches

The work / life balance is totally out of whack.  It doesn't happen often but its in full swing.  These last 2 weeks have been particularly crappy.  I had a horrible experience traveling internationally (lesson learned and boy do I know a lot more now), I've been on the edge of being sick and I have been tossed some additional work last minute which includes a very tight timeline.  Its not Bad per-say, just really crappy timing.  I barely had a minute to do anything (I scheduled pee breaks this week, that is sad).

So this week, due to some decisions beyond me, my week lightened..  YEAH!! well Boo.. but YEAH!!

I can do the prep I need to, do the docs I need to and breathe.  White space on a calender does not mean I HAVE to do back to back meetings.  For the love of pete, I need like 30 to an hour to process what I just did and prep for the next one.  this is how things get missed.  Or something slips.

My plan for today..  Catch up.  Call my mom, do my docs, have a call at 4:30-6:30pm.  And drink lots of Coffee, Tea and water.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments: