Sunday, January 16, 2011

laundry

I don't mind doing the laundry.  I mind putting it away.  Regardless, it needs to be done.  In an attempt to save some money, I scounged the web to see what  the correct (or somewhat  correct) ratio would be to make Laundry soap from scratch.

I opted for powder.   I am lucky I only needed to get a bar of soap.  I opted for Dr. Bronner's Lavender Bar soap.

Here's what I did.

1 cup Borax
1 cup Washing Soda
1 bar (well, 3/4 of a bar 'cause my hand hurt) finely grated bar of soap
Mix well together and store in an airtight container.
use 1/8 cup (a tablespoon) for a small load
use a 1/4 cup (2 tblsp) for a large/heavily soiled load.

It smells wonderful.  I can only hope it works out as well as people say it will.  I would love to not have to buy the liquid stuff.  They take up so much space and it would be one less thing to throw out.

I'll let you know how it goes.  I have several more loads to do over the next day.

No comments: