Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Tofu Fun!

First and foremost, No.  I am not any type of Vegetarian.  Nope.  Never.  I love bacon and steak and meat wayyyyyy to much to give that up.  But I am bored with some of the standard sides I have been making.  Potatoes or plain rice are boring. Not to mention meat can be crazy expensive.  So can a metric ton of veggies during the off season.

Today I try Tofu.  Its something I have wanted to try for a long time and I'm willing to NOT SUBJECT the Husband and Kid to it for a full meal.  Some of my friends say stay away from it.  Others offered some wonderful ideas.  I've only had Tofu cleverly disguised as Chocolate Cheesecake and I ate it.  I completely understand the magical properties of Tofu where its all about the flavor.   There is a brick of the Wegmans Extra Firm tofu sitting in my fridge.  I will fry some and bake some.  An open mind is what I really need right now.  I had tried Quinoa and it was ok.  I love Hummus and some veggie spring rolls are really good.  So my taste pallet is going to expand damn it.  I will learn to like More food.


1 comment:

Nyka said...

I'm with you... i will try new foods. Love it. can't wait to hear what you thought? are you sticking to it??