Friday, October 13, 2006

Friday the 13th and State of Emergency

Good lord - its 6 am and got very little sleep. Let me tell you what has been going on for the last 12 hours:

I finally made it out of the office and to get Erin around 6 pm . It took me nearly 45 min to get to Daycare, normally a 20 min drive. Getting home was even more fun - slippery roads, changing weather conditions and crazy drivers.

Most of the evening was fine up until 9 pm. I heard some creaking out side and things falling. The tree in Roy's yard couldn't take the weight of the snow - it began to break and we have pieces in our yard. No damage. Just a lot of "oh my" comments.

I stood outside for 15 minutes or so listening to the erie silence of the snow, no traffic and trees creaking.

We woke this morning to find most of the area in a state of emergency and a travel ban. No power for some 300,000 homes and more than a foot of snow. Talk about a fun Friday the 13th! My hedges are FLAT!

No comments: